CREATING OR IMPROVING A WEBSITE: HOW DOES IT WORK?
First, a meeting, free of charge, where you tell me about your business.
- What do you know about your customers?
- What do you know about your competitors?
- What is the purpose of your website? (I can help you clarify)
- How do you want people to interact with your site?
- How do you plan for your site to grow over time?
- What websites have you seen that you like?
- What you have done so far, and what do you hope to accomplish?
- Your budget for a website, if you have one.
- Your schedule.
- What materials you have in hand, such as photographs and written materials.
Next, I prepare a proposal that details what you can expect: content overview, user description, site goals, schedule, deliverables, responsibilities, budget. I believe in “no surprise” projects! (A result of over 16 years in bidding and managing high-tech projects.)
You get to choose from design templates that I will propose, and customize your favorite template with graphics, colors and typefaces so that it meets your needs for branding and strengthening your image with your customers.
You get to review and refine as we go along. I use a flexible approach to development, understanding that, as you see things take shape, you may want to change some of your original ideas.
I stay with you after the project is over to make sure things go smoothly. I install security software and monitor for threats to your site, long after our development phase is completed. I can also set up maintenance plans to review with you site performance statistics, backups, system updates and features such as search optimization and social media marketing so that your site, and your Web presence, evolve with your customers’ needs.
A WEBSITE YOU WILL LOVE
You may add pages, a blog, galleries, video, podcasts, even e-commerce so that your site grows with you!
“Jack guides me through my web and blog projects with ease. He helps me stay on target and on budget even as he opens me up to creative possibilities. I look forward to working with Jack on future projects. He is a delight.”